This chickpea salad makes a super easy, protein-packed lunch or snack. Use canned chickpeas if you're in a hurry, or dried if you have time to soak them overnight. A drizzle of Umami Bomb puts the flavour over the top!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1.5 cups of canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 large pickle, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of cumin and paprika (optional)
- Pulse half of the chickpeas, garlic tahini, lemon juice and zest, mayo, and spices in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine the smooth chickpea mixture with the diced veggies and the rest of the whole chickpeas.
- Cool the mixture in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Serve as sandwiches with your favourite toppings or on a warmed tortilla (as pictured) and top with Umami Bomb.