The trick to this super creamy hummus is the order of ingredients and the extra processing time. Top it off with a swirl of Umami Bomb for a spicy surprise in every bite!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt (as needed)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of water
- Umami Bomb for serving
Combine the tahini and lemon juice in a food processor and process for one minute. Scrape the sides and process for 20 seconds more.
Add the olive oil, garlic, cumin, and a good pinch of salt to the tahini and lemon juice mixture. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides of the bowl, and process for another 30 seconds until well blended.
Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for one minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl, add remaining chickpeas, and process until thick and smooth.
If you find the hummus too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time and process until desired consistency is reached.
Add salt to taste.
- Top with a swirl of Umami Bomb and enjoy!