A quick, easy and healthy meal for anytime of day!
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 45 minutes cook time
- English muffin
- Shredded lettuce
- Plant-based mayo
- Bread crumbs
- Plant-based parmesan cheese
- Aqua faba
- Garlic Powder
- Umami Bomb
- Slice the eggplant into half inch rounds, salt generously, and set aside in a single layer on a paper towel for 30 minutes.
- Pat the eggplant slices dry with a paper towel.
- Set up two shallow bowls: one with aqua faba and the other a mixture of bread crumbs, parmesan, cayenne, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Coat each eggplant slice in aqua faba and then the breadcrumb mixture and place in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until a custardy texture is achieved.
- Assemble your sandwich with a toasted english muffin, Umami Bomb, lettuce, tomato, and the crispy eggplant slice.
You can also try this recipe with any veggies and flavour profiles that you enjoy!