Hot, crispy, and savoury, these kimchi pancakes are easy to make and make a great snack or appetizer. Serve with Umami Bomb on the side for dipping or you can even add some Umami Bomb to the batter to amp up the flavour!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 0.5 pounds of kimchi, chopped fine, plus two tablespoons of the brine
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Combine all of the ingredients except the oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a couple of tablespoons of oil to coat the bottom and sides.
- Pour in the batter mixture and use a spoon or spatula to spread it flat over the surface of the skillet.
- Heat for 3-5 minutes until the bottom is crispy.
- Flip the pancake and add a bit of oil around the sides to help it crisp and gently lift the pancake so some of the oil can run underneath.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes until crispy.
- Serve hot with Umami Bomb on the side and enjoy!