This cold cucumber salad makes a great side for summer meals or picnics. Some people salt the cucumber and let the excess water drain, but we were too impatient and skipped this step. Smashing the cucumber gives it a unique taste and texture and this salad can be served immediately or made ahead and refrigerated.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- One cucumber
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of leftover brown rice
- 1 block of firm or medium firm tofu
- Umami Bomb
- Wrap the washed cucumber in a towel or plastic wrap to prevent it from splitting everywhere.
- Smash the cucumber with a mallet, slice it lengthwise into six or eight equal sections and then chop into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the cucumber pieces, brown rice, and tofu.
- Add Umami Bomb to taste (a few tablespoons should do) and mix gently.
- Garnish with sesame seeds (if desired) and enjoy!